It’s time for some more Five Minute Friday fun! Join us over at Kate’s blog today to read some more great FMF posts on this week’s word prompt: WEARY. Here we go in 3…2…1…
Since I have become a mother, there are so many times when I just feel weary. Tired. I feel tired from lack of sleep and tired from pouring out myself over and over again. I feel tired when I don’t feel appreciated sometimes. I feel weary when my kids are being difficult to handle.
I remember this one specific time when I was so overcome by weariness, and not just for a day. For several days I had been just feeling so tired. I decided to look up what the Bible has to say about my strength. I wanted to know the truth (you know, what God has to say about the issue) about how I was strong and not weak. At least that’s what I figured I would be finding in the Bible.
I was surprised when my search didn’t turn up any verses at all about how strong I was. All the verses I found were about God’s strength and how strong He is for me! I realized I didn’t really have any strength at all on my own!
So once again, I was reminded that it is God’s grace that keeps me going and empowers me. When I feel tired and weary, it is then that I lean more into His remarkable grace. And God never lets me down! When I don’t have the strength to keep going, that’s when His grace takes over and keeps going for me. His grace doesn’t take a break on the hard days!
“’My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” – 2 Corinthians 2:9 NLT
Graceful mama, when you feel weary, remember that God’s grace will get you through! You may not have any strength left, but He’s got plenty to spare and He will give you all that you need and then some.
Here are five verses to encourage you if (and when) you become weary in this gigantic, important task of motherhood!
- “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless… those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT
- “…Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!” – Nehemiah 8:10 NLT
- “God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.” – Psalm 18:32 NLT
- “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” – Galatians 6:9 NLT
- “The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.” – Psalm 28:7 NLT
You can do this! Not on your own, but with the Lord’s help. Which verse above resonates with your heart the most? Let us know in the comments!
I hope you enjoy the Lord’s presence as you listen to this spontaneous song called the Joy of the Lord that Jenn Johnson sang during the recording of the You Make Me Brave album by Bethel Music. Let the Spirit revive you and give you the strength you need for your journey!