Calling to mind what we’re thankful for is a great way to stay positive. I’ve found that thankfulness helps me to live life gracefully! I actually feel happier when I am intentionally thankful, and you will, too! I’d like to start off the weekend by sharing some things that I’m thankful for.
1. That Lily had a great first time experience at camp! Lily is only seven, and I was a little concerned about her ability to do the basics alone for four days. Like rinsing all the conditioner out of her hair and remembering to brush her teeth. She did fine though! She had a blast, and I know it was a really good experience for her. She got to spread her wings just a little in a safe environment, and that is a wonderful thing. (Mama is glad to have her back now though!) You can always trust God to take care of what is valuable to you!
2. For the new Minnie Mouse watch that Jada brought me back from Disney World. Minnie is just so cute and sassy. She’ll always be my favorite Disney character. I haven’t had a watch actually in a while, so I’m enjoying wearing it! And it reminds me of my sweet and thoughtful sister.
3. That God is always with me. I don’t know what I would do if I had to face all the challenges that this life has to offer without God. He is my constant companion, and I know I can trust Him to lead me in the right direction. Not because I’m the best listener, but just because His grace is enough. By His grace, He knows how to steer me in the right direction, how to calm my anxious heart, and how to speak so I can hear Him. I’m so thankful for the love we share.
4. That Isabella still says cute little phrases, like, “Oops! I bergot.” Children grow up all too fast! Isabella (age 4) is getting to be a big girl, but she still does so many things that are so cute. She brings so much joy to our lives by how funny she can be and how cute she is. One of the great joys of parenting is just taking time to enjoy your children’s personalities. There are always challenges, but finding joy in the cuteness and playfulness of your children will brighten your days like the sun breaking through the clouds on a rainy day.
5. For air conditioning that works! I know this is a first-world luxury, and SO many people around the world don’t even know what air conditioning feels like. But when you’re used to it and then you’re without it for days on end, you begin to appreciate it more than ever! Ours went out recently, and I’m so glad that when we came home from vacation, we came home to a cool house. No more sweating in our sleep!
What are you thankful for today? Take some time and tell God thanks! I’d love to hear about what you’re thankful for in the comments section below.