Hi, graceful friend! The weekend is here. For me, it’s off to the river today with my family (after I annihilate that mountain of dishes that is still sitting in the sink). We’ll be swimming, riding in my dad’s boat, and probably doing some tubing as well. What are you doing this weekend?
1. That God has blessed me with 35 years of life! (Today is my birthday. 🙂 ) He has always been with me. He has always protected me and kept me safe, because *by-golly* He isn’t through with me yet! He’s got good plans for me, and He’s got good plans for you! I’m glad that today His plans for each of us have brought us together!
2. That I’ve been blessed with 8 happy years of marriage to my sweetie Byron! (Our 8th anniversary was Tuesday.) Our love gets richer and sweeter every day. We’ve changed a lot since 2007, and God has done so much! He’s blessed us with 3 wonderful kiddos. It’s such an honor to walk with together through this life, navigating through God’s directions and seeking His heart for our family. It’s been an adventure to say the least! Byron, “I’m looking forward to a lifetime with you.”
3. For YOU, graceful friend! It’s so much fun getting to visit together each week via the world wide web. I love writing what I write, and I especially love it when I hear you were blessed or touched by it. It makes my heart happy! I really do care about what you’re going through, and I hope that comes through in what I write. I care about you as a person, about your hopes and dreams and your mom-journey. I’m glad we get to walk together as we learn more everyday about how much God really does love us, how much His grace really has done, and how much crazy fun this motherhood thing can really be.
4. That Byron and the team got to go to Sweden. It’s such a glorious thing that God is doing. I’m so glad that Byron gets to be a part of it. To see this world from a different perspective, experience a new culture, and meet new friends that live on a different continent. I know that lives will be changed forever!
5. That I get to be here instead. The nations of the world are in my heart. I was reading through my “missions journal” the other day where I wrote during my mission trips. It brought back fond memories, and I noticed my last trip was ten years ago (in August 2005). Motherhood is a big job, and a very important one, too! Yes, one day I’ll go again to the nations of the world. But right now, I am exactly where I want to be.
What are you thankful for today? I’d love to hear about it.